How do I get my water turned off for repairs?

Neither you nor a plumber should attempt to turn the water off at the meter at your place of service. This may result in damage to the meter for which you or the plumber can be billed. If you need the water turned off, please call City Hall at 575-538-3731, choose Option 1, and Option 1 again. There is no charge. 

Installation of a shut off valve on your side of the meter is strongly encouraged so that it is not necessary for you to call for turn off for a plumbing repair or other emergency. A shut off valve is required on all new taps.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get an item on the Council agenda?
2. What municipal voting district am I in?
3. How do I get a Town utility tap?
4. How do I get Town water and sewer service?
5. How do I get my garbage picked up?
6. Where is the landfill and what can I take there?
7. How do I avoid a past due account?
8. How do I recycle?
9. How do I get my water turned off for repairs?
10. How do I get my water meter tested?
11. Do I need to register my business and if so, how?
12. Where and when do I renew my business registration?
13. Where do I apply for a Vendor's Permit?
14. Where can I find information about the cemetery?
15. How do I contact Animal Control?
16. Where can I buy a Town zoning map?
17. Where do I register my chickens and livestock with the town?