- Community Development
- Official Zoning Map
Official Zoning Map
The Town’s Official Zoning Map (PDF) shows the zoning designation for all properties within the city limits. There are six zones, as follows:
- Rural (R) - Intended to provide for annexed areas that will accommodate agricultural, ranching, natural resource uses, very low-density residential uses, until such time as other development is appropriate.
- Residential A (RA) - Intended to accommodate low-density, single-family and two-family residential development and to provide land use protection for areas that develop in such a manner.
- Residential B (RB) - Intended to accommodate moderate density single-family, two-family and multifamily residential development and to provide land use protection for areas that develop in such a manner.
- Residential C (RC) - Intended to accommodate higher density single-family, two-family, multifamily, and mobile home residential development and to provide land use protection for areas that develop in such a manner.
- Commercial (C) - Intended to accommodate a mix of commercial uses.
- Industrial (I) - Intended to accommodate areas of heavy and/or concentrated fabrication, manufacturing, and industrial uses.
- Mixed-Use (MU) - The Mixed-use District is intended to accommodate a mix of small scale commercial and residential uses and to provide a transition between commercial and surrounding residential neighborhoods. Reinvestment, limited expansion of existing residential and commercial buildings and new mixed-use, residential and commercial uses are encouraged.
There is also a Planned Unit Development (PUD) zoning designation intended to accommodate uses that are allowed in other zoning districts, but to allow more innovative design, massing, orientation and clustering in development patterns. At this time, there are no PUD-designated areas in the Town.
For more information on zoning, see Article III of the Land Use Code. Zoning Maps can be purchased in the Community Development Department at:
1203 N Hudson Street
Silver City, NM 88062