Touch Here! Hands-on Family fun
The museum offers a variety of scheduled programs and activities for all ages throughout the year:
- Make It - Take It
- Hide and Seek
- I Can Do, Too
- Yippee Sabados
- Craft Classes
- Discovery Hunts
- Activity Stations
- Family Fun Saturdays
School Programs and Field Trips
- Footprints through Time curriculum based program for 3rd grade classes (requires advanced reservation)
- History Trunks and History Kits for classroom use.
- Self-guided Exhibit Tours for all grade levels (requires advance reservations).
Grown Ups, History Geeks and other adult-minded pursuits
- Brown Bag Presentations Talks and discussion led by guest speakers on a wide range of southwest New Mexico topics including mining, ranching, the built environment, the wilderness, politics and cultural heritage.
- Then and Now Workshops and classes celebrating local and regional cultural traditions and folkways.
- Book Signings Among others, past authors have included noted historians Thomas Chavez, Marc Simmons, Richard Meltzer and Luis Alberto Urrea.
Dates and times vary for all events and programs. For the most up-to-date schedule, check the Events
page, or call 575-538-5921.